380th General Drycleaning Course Graduates
CONTACT: Mary Scalco FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: September 7, 2022
800-638-2627, Ext. 1102
Harry Kimmel, Ext. 1502
Recent Attendees Complete DLI’s 380th Drycleaning Course Sessions
DLI’s School of Drycleaning Technology trained students in the art and science of running a successful drycleaning business. Students attended The Institute’s 380th General Drycleaning Course, comprised of the one-week Introduction to Drycleaning and two-week Advanced Drycleaning Courses. Founded in 1927, DLI’s School of Drycleaning Technology has helped shape the careers of thousands of drycleaners worldwide. In these courses, students learned about:
- Sorting loads for drycleaning
- The science of drycleaning
- Fibers and their characteristics
- Fabric construction
- Cleaning silk, stain, and other fabrics
- Soil and cleaning theory
- Operating a drycleaning machine
- Stain removal chemistry and procedures
- Removing coffee, ink, grease, and other stains from clothing
- Pressing pants, coats, blouses, ties, pleated garments, and skirts
- Using tensioning equipment to improve finishing quality
- Using bleaches without damaging fabric color
- Distillation procedures
- Understanding the differences between solvent types
- Wetcleaning wool, silk, and more
- Designing a drycleaning plant with the most effective workflow
The next complete DLI course will be offered in two parts this fall:
- Introduction to Drycleaning: October 17 – 21
- Advanced Drycleaning: October 24 – November 4
Prospective students are invited to learn more and register at www.DLIonline.org/Education or to call Melissa Wagner at 800-638-2627.
Introduction to Drycleaning Class 380
August 8 – 12, 2022
Front Row (left to right): Leticia Fitzgerald, JTK Industries Inc dba Lapels, Gilbert, AZ; April Hope, Hope Cleaners, Navarre, FL; Brandi Dougherty, Wash Day, Middletown, DE; and Santos Sutton, Legacy Cleaners & Laundry, Oklahoma City, OK .
Back Row (l-r): Pedro Vasquez, Joey’s Cleaners, The Bronx, NY; Patrick Myser, Bart’s Cleaners, Columbus, OH; Micah Hope, Hope Cleaners, Navarre, FL; and Michael D. Marshall, Legacy Cleaners & Laundry, Oklahoma City, OK.
Advanced Drycleaning Class 380
August 15 – 26, 2022
Left to Right: Pedro Vasquez, Joey’s Cleaners, The Bronx, NY; Leticia Fitzgerald, JTK Industries Inc dba Lapels, Gilbert, AZ; Ahalya Tippa, Clarksburg, MD; Santos Sutton, Legacy Cleaners & Laundry, Oklahoma City, OK; Mike Marshall, Legacy Cleaners & Laundry, Oklahoma City, OK.
Not pictured: Michael Capobianco, Cappy’s Cleaners, Rosedale, MD.
Learn about DLI’s 2022 drycleaning and stain removal course schedule at www.DLIonline.org/Education. For more information about scholarships contact Melissa Wagner at MWagner@DLIonline.org or 800-638-2627.
DLI exists to help drycleaners succeed.
Learn more at wwwDLIonline.org