June Stain Removal Course
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 12, 2023
CONTACT: Harry A. Kimmel III, APR
DLI Heads West for June Stain Removal Course
Course Combines Virtual & In-Person Training
Brian Johnson, Education Director for the Drycleaning & Laundry Institute, is heading to California for the Institute’s first west coast stain removal course in more than a decade. The course is offered as a blend of virtual learning and one day of in-person training in Anaheim, California. Sponsored by the California Cleaners Association, students will use four stain removal boards donated by Sankosha USA, and facilities are provided by U.S. Multiek in Anaheim, home of Walt Disneyland.
Maximum Flexibility at Minimum Cost
DLI’s West Coast Stain Removal Course combines the convenience of virtual meetings with the instructional power of hands-on, practical training. Students will meet online for two hours on five different days before heading to the spotting board for a full-day of hands-on training in Anaheim.
• Removing coffee, ink, grease, and other stains from clothing.
• Identifying cotton, silk, polyester, and other fabrics.
• Using bleaches without damaging the fabric color.
• Using specialty products such as digesters, amyl acetate, and acetone in stain removal.
• Identifying fibers and fabric construction.
DLI’s School of Drycleaning Technology offers this course in a blended learning format. The added flexibility helps make the course more accessible for students and their managers. “Convenience is a huge factor for the students,” Johnson said. “Our previous students loved the course because they didn’t have to leave their jobs and families for a full week to come to the school. With the blended course format they could develop this critical skill while only having to learn the hands-on part in a much shorter time.”
Attendance for this course is limited to 24 total students with capacity for eight students on each in-person, hands-on training day. Date selection will be first come, first served. All 24 students are required to participate in five days of Zoom training for two hours each day prior to meeting in-person at U.S. Multitek’s facility in Anaheim, California, on June 21, 22, or 23. U.S. Multitek’s facility can accomodate eight students each day on four stain removal boards donated by Sankosha USA. Booking for in-person training days is first come, first serve.
Full Stain Removal Course
Six-day course in total. Hybrid – Live Virtual Zoom courses for four days.
Two-hours of virtual instruction on Zoom for four days: June 1, 6, 8, 13, and 15 from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Pacific each day. (All attend Zoom classes prior to the one-day in-person session
One day in person at U.S. Multitek in Anaheim, June 21, 22, or 23. (Classes are first come first serve for dates in person.)
$645 DLI members
Eight per day per class
Availability: 24 total max participants
CCA scholarship/Southwestern Drycleaners Association scholarship may also be available for some students.
Interested parties may learn more and register at www.DLIonline.org/CAstain
Students who took DLI’s Virtual Stain Removal Course said:
• “This was one the most informal and helpful classes I have ever taken. The knowledge that Mr. Brian Johnson provided made my job so much easier. Special thanks to Brian Johnson!”
• “I did not have a problem with the three-hour format. Brian made the class informative and enjoyable.”
• “I was very lucky that I took this course because I learned about many things like fabrics and how to remove stains from different kinds of material. And also, new vocabulary because I’m a Spanish speaker, and my English is basic. I enjoyed every single class. Brian answered all the questions I asked.”
Images and Captions
Images to accompany this article are available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bt8tit4d6a3d8gl/AADPONIbDeIMNTmjLmyTVnk3a?dl=0
Brian Johnson Teaching Spotting.jpg: Brian Johnson, DLI’s Director of Education & Training teaches hands-on spotting techniques. Only one day of in-person training is required for this course.
Stain Removal Class Virtual Meeting.jpg: The first five sessions of this course will be held online.
Stain Removal CourseB.jpg: Fully-stocked stain removal boards are being supplied for this course by Sankosha USA. Training will take place at U.S. Multitek in Anaheim, California.
DLI exists to help member drycleaners succeed.
Learn more at DLIonline.org